Sunday 7 April 2013

Full Bloom.

Inspiration can come from anywhere and almost always when you least expect it. Sometimes different things can be inspired by the same concept, but the outcome is always beautifully individual. Over the next few posts I'll talk about some things I've discovered that have some interesting inspiration behind them, which in turn creates pieces that are inspirational themselves.


H&M's latest Conscious Collection, modeled by the ever graceful Vanessa Paradis, has tropical birds and flowers in every stitch. Wild & Wolf's new collection is also covered with vividly coloured birds and flowers in full bloom! Both reminded me of vintage floral cup and saucers sets and the bright colours of more tropical climates (if only I was enjoying such climates...sigh). I also believe that using someone with the surname Paradis along with jungle prints is no coincidence. I see what you did there, H&M, and I appreciate the wordplay.



Left: Wild & Wolf's tropical print trinkets.
Right: H&M's latest Conscious Collection from paradise
Left: Lust worthy ankle length trousers from H&M's Conscious Collection
Right: A colourful bouquet and tropically floral cup and saucer set

Left: Move over LBD, it's all about the LWD come Spring/Summer, as H&M proves
Right: Fabricland, Ikea shows off it's array of pretty prints





The ankle length trousers, found here, are one of my favourite pieces from the collection. The lace dress is also divine! I love the high neck and long sleeves, it gives it a more demure effect, and the hi-low hemline flashes just the right amount of leg! The lace material covering the windows at Ikea had the same vintage, ladylike appeal, reminding me of the dress. Lace really does go with pretty much everything!

CLB x

No comments:

Post a Comment