Tuesday 9 April 2013

Fun and Frivolous.

Today inspiration strikes in the form of sunshine, kooky carpet designs and T. Swizzle! All things fun and frivolous!

Despite the fact that we have been subject to snow, hail, wind and rain recently I have not been deterred from sunglasses shopping. Being the optimist that I am, I'm sure the sun will eventually come to play for longer than a day!






I saw this brilliant carpet design in Ikea and it made me think of long, lazy summer nights, pina coladas and retro sunglasses. Or in my case FUNglasses. Fashion is nothing without a bit of fun, so when I saw the marvelous array of funglasses in Primark I had to indulge. There are so many different designs and they are perfect for festivals and summer shenanigans.


'My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard'; My friends & I posing; 'We all scream for ice cream!'



I did get down to some serious business as well and bought some bona fide cool sunglasses from Topshop. I love the unusual hexagon shape of them but also the 70s retro vibe that inspired these sunglasses and many others. I spied them on the website in January (yes, January!!) but I swore I would wait until sunglasses weather. I could finally wait no longer, I am so in love with these bad boys. The sunglasses are no longer available online but they are available in shops nation wide.





Vogue eye wear, found here on the ASOS website, have some in a similar style in tortoiseshell and gold. Now we just need some sun rays and we're good to go!






The weather may typically chilly at the moment, but a certain someone is definitely hot right now. Has anyone else seen the endless magazine covers graced with Taylor Swift's presence? I am beginning to lose count! Some have been skeptical about her cover star appeal but, magazine sales aside, it's still pretty impressive and each cover shows Taylor's style credentials.


She began the year being on the front cover of Harper's Bazaar Dec 2012/Jan 2013 issue, Elle Norway January 2013 edition and Elle US March 2013 issue (wearing none other than an ever-so-cute, retro Louis Vuitton get up)...


...And that's not all! In April she was on the cover of Vanity Fair, Wonderland and InStyle, to name just a couple and the eye-catching, quirky cover of Pop's Spring/Summer 2013 issue. I love her full fringe, I always contemplate getting one myself whenever I see it, and she shows off her styling versatility with such a varied array of looks. If you want to experiment with your look, whether it be hair, make-up or clothes, just take a look at her numerous magazine covers for inspiration. This girl is ON FIIIIIRE! Love her or hate her, she ain't going anywhere anytime soon! 

Having recently turned 22, I have had her song of the same name on repeat ever since!

CLB x

No comments:

Post a Comment