Monday 3 June 2013

Where The Wild Things Are.


The sweater has made a comeback, and in THE coolest way! Ever since models strutted down the catwalk in a university lab building during Paris Fashion week, donning jumpers embellished and embroidered with tigers,the sweater has become a transformed item of clothing. Thanks to Kenzo designers, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, it has proved to be the most desirable and versatile pieces one could possibly want in one's wardrobe! Just the right warmth factor to throw on during a cool summer evening or layer up for winter months and coming in block colours that will go with anything, it is a piece of clothing that definitely has longevity. Many a socialite, blogger and celebrity has been seen wearing these distinctive and undeniably cool jumpers. Being on a student budget I think it may be a while until I can get my hands on the real thing; luckily there are few cheeky items on the high street with almost as much rawwwr as the Kenzo original. 



Topshop maintains its go-to status for up to date fashion with a number of safari themed items. If tigers aren't really your thing, go for elephants, giraffes, zebra, even some tropical foliage! I, however, am a cat person through and through so my main focus was the big cats. If you want to keep strictly to the sweater/jumper theme then go for the zig zagged monochromatic jumper, or try the more exotic green patterned one with mirrored tiger heads. You can see it worn below by Ashley Madekwe, who is number one on my list of girlcrushes and who's blog, Ring My Bell, you simply must take a look at (you can also see her wearing the real deal above, in grey)! She proves that pattern on pattern works so well with this trend, just keep the palette simple and largely neutral. There is a rather lovely panther jumper, if you want to stay within the big cat family and the tiger print loafers still nod to the Kenzo craze and will look divine with pretty much any outfit!


To my joy, I rediscovered a cropped Topshop sweater with a panther motif on it that I had bought a few months back. It's a bit rock 'n' roll but I wanted to see how it could dressed up as well as grunged down.




Outfit One: 


I wanted to match the jumper with something a bit smarter so I put it with this high waisted, striped midi skirt and peep toe heels. The chunky necklace ensured it still had a bit of an edge to it. You could even put a white shirt underneath to make it even more smart.

Jumper: Topshop
Midi Tube Skirt: Topshop
Bag: H&M
Necklace: Topshop
Heels: Topshop


Outfit Two:


I wanted to have fun with the more casual side of things but teaming the jumper with high waisted shorts, a colourful, chunky necklace and some brogues (just to add a touch of preppy chic). I like the plait detail on shorts, the studs on the brogues and the pop of colour with the necklace, makes the outfit that little bit more playful!

Jumper: Topshop
Shorts: New Look
Brogues: Office
Necklace: Topshop


Recently I ventured into H&M and as usual I was absolutely delighted with what it had to offer. However my proudest purchases had to be two Kenzo inspired jumpers for a mere £14.99 each! I couldn't stop grinning all day and for a while all I could do was marvel at my good fortune! 

The first jumper is bright blue with neon pink detail. Like the green Kenzo jumper, the colour really makes it stand out yet it still goes with pretty much everything!

Outfit One:



Matching the neon detail with bright accessories, like this H&M chain and Deena & Ozzy satchel ensures that the outfit packs plenty of punch. The black shorts and white platform trainers keep it from being too OTT whilst adding to the laid back college look.

Jumper: H&M
Shorts: Topshop
Satchel: Deena & Ozzy @ Urban Outfitters
Trainers: ASOS
Necklace: H&M


Outfit Two:


With this second outfit I wanted to give it a bit more of an retro vibe withe polka dot print and chunky platforms. Team with a collar necklace, dainty stilettos and a bucket bag for a bit more of a modern twist.

Jumper: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Bag: Vintage
Shoes: Topshop


The second jumper I got is a mint green one and the tiger has bejewelled eyes, a bit of embellishment makes everything better. The lighter colour makes it easier to style the jumper for a more smart, office friendly look.

Outfit One:


I wanted to play with textures with this outfit by teaming the velvet shorts with the pony hair detail creepers. Layer bangles and bracelets up each arm, a few gold chain necklaces and you'll get  a bit more of a Rihannha/Rita Ora-esque vibe. I like the leopard print creepers subtly tie in with the big cat theme.


Outfit Two:


This look is definitely a bit more smart, I like the idea of adding a crisp white shirt underneath the jumper. These mosaic print cigarette leg trousers from H&M were another proud purchase; I think the blue and green hues work well together. 


Find a great Kenzo inspired jumper from my friend's website, Phussy, found here. Be sure to check out her other items, whether your look is boho, trashy chic, retro or whether you just like to be a bit different, she will have what you're looking for! 


ASOS has a variety of Kenzo inspired pieces, from this knitted jumper, to a mirrored tee to a studded jumper. Urban Outfitters also has a restyled vintage jumper too!





These Spangled Cosmic sunglasses from Urban Outfitters are a move away from jumper and tops but they are a whole new level of cool! Definitely the ultimate funglasses and going straight to the top of my wish list.





RAWWWWWR

CLB x



No comments:

Post a Comment